AK84 Journal

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Monday, July 24, 2006

First service at FCC and first day at uni

Went to Faith Community Church yesterday with the help of Cherie (she drives). The church is at the south of Perth and took around 20 mins to reach there by car. It's abit far from my hostel but I will stay at FCC as long as I'm studying in Australia. The church is smaller than FCBC in terms of the building and the congre which I attended at 11.30am yesterday.

Hmm... but it's more cosy and it's like everyone knows everyone in the church and its more family-like, given that the congre is small, like 200 plus people in the service I went to. And when I stepped into the church building, it reminded me of TC becuz of the "banner" that says "Jehovah Rapha" etc being hanged at the side of the wall. After service, went for lunch with some of the church people (which I kind of forgot their names except Cherie and Daniel whom I know him thru playing soccer...heez...).

And then today is my first day and school and guess what... it rains!!! Yes! it's the blessing of God that rain down on perth and on me and assure me of my studies in UWA. Cuz before that... just feel that I dunno wat to expect when taking this path of studying in UWA and then my sis reminded me of the story of Abraham and how God asked him to go to the mountain to sacrifice his son, Isaac - the act of obedience and I obey God's command for me to come to Australia to study and I believe that God will bless me when I'm in Perth cuz I'm following God's commands.
After all, God has affirmed me 3 times on the day before I left for Australia (see the previous post). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home