AK84 Journal

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Wrong notes! Off beats! But...

Just came back from my network meeting cum youth party celebration at Magicbox. Performed in a band and sadly, my fingers don't want to listen to me. They stiffen up when it's my band to perform. What sad thing it is when I kept playing the wrong notes and I kept going off beats. Hey but wait!!! I'm doing this for God and He must be proud of me to perform for Him. Him and only Him.

Suddenly, God brought me back to this year cell retreat at Muar, Malaysia. He just reminded me of the prayer that my spiritual dad, Alvin, prayed for me. He prayed that God has given me a talent for playing bass and I should use it for His glory. And I definitely use it for Him. Still remember, last year cell retreat to Muar, every single cell member set this year resoultion. What we want to see for ourself this year. What's our aim for this year etc. And I still remember one of my resolutions for this year is to use my bass for God's glory. And God answered that and quite amazing that I have been using my bass for His glory. From playing in network meeting a couple of times to leaders' meeting, my bass has been working tirelessly for His purpose and that is to minister to fellow christian brothers and sisters.

And I will never forget how amazing my God is. Just a few years ago (think it was like 3 years plus), my sister started learning guitar. And I was quite puzzled about it so once, I was having a chat with my sister in her room until the conversation with her was quite boring until I picked up her guitar and asking her how to play. Well, since young, I hated music. Don't really get all the meanings of those music language. That's why I hated it. But the strange thing is when I picke up my sis' guitar, I felt the urge to learn guitar and when I learned a new chord, I will be so happy and excited to learn the next chord. Well, time flies and through the very first moment I picked up a guitar for the very first time until now, God continuously tell me that He has given me a skill to play guitar. From learning guitar from my JI fren, Jeff, till knowing Ivan who taught me bass when we were army mates, God constantly put in me a passion to play guitar.

And looking back at how much my dear God has been doing in my life, it's really amazing. From a so-called anti-music person to a music-lover, God has indeed changed me! :) And I'm always grateful for that becuz I can serve Him on stage with the band! And I believe that even when I'm in Australia, my passion for music and for Him will never ever dies for He will be with me always and will constantly speak to me in Australia. :)

So, this is a testimony on how I pick up music. Though not good enough, I will still continue to work hard for God. Playing for Him and only Him. Amen! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home