AK84 Journal

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Monday, April 09, 2007

Encountering God

Just came back from church camp... my first FCC camp... was very gd...

Went with a burden heart as I had tons of sch works to do and mid semester exams are around te corner... but came back with my spirit lifted up...

It was actually a church cum encounter camp so ya... every worship session, the presence of God was superbly strong... and the young ones was very enthu when worshipping Him...

8 sermon sessions in 4 days... All point to one topic - reaching out, impacting the world...

During the first session, pastor was preaching and then he mentioned about "G12 vision" (FCC's vision is not G12 btw) and he said that G12 only works with the cross... yup true... it works with prayers onli... so ya... lets continue to pray abt FCBC's vision (G12 vision) that each of us will find our 12 and to make disciples-makers... Amen!

And then was during one of the other sessions that God really speak to me... You see, there's a lonely guy in my hostel that was always alone.. no friends, having his meals in the dining hall alone... my frens were always making fun of him behind his back and it never dawn on me that he was one of Jesus' lost sheep... Yup a heart of compassion for the lost out in the world...

And then during the last nite... was having a great time in the presence of God...
Was soaking in his presence and telling him about my inferiority towards ppl and my failure to establish relationship with new ppl around me... and then I wept... and God revealed to me that He is my maker and my creator... making me for who I am and it's not about how small or inferior I am but it's about how big and mighty my Creator is...

That's how wonderful our God is... always with us and never fail to listen to our problems... :)

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sean Chan said...

Actually your feeling of god's presence is due to mass induced psychosis. When a crowd is emotionally charged, which is especially typical of some contemporary churches - individuals within it tend to voluntarily embrace the atmosphere of a emotionally charged environment. The term is a widelyknown phenomenon among psychologists.

In case you wanted to know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home