AK84 Journal

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Monday, January 08, 2007

Muar trip 2006

Was suppose to post this up when I returned from Muar trip during the christmas week 2006... but totally forgot about it (or maybe was too tired to post it up)...

so now... decided to post it as God had indeed spoke to me through this Muar trip with some of my network friends and pastors' and their 2 lovely kids...

During the very first session, as we were worshipping God through songs and guitar, there God spoke to me. He brought me back to a scene from the movie, "The Passion of Christ", where a man was pulled from a crowd to help Jesus carried the cross. Well, simply God just wanna tell me that just as the man, which represents us, was helping Jesus carrying His cross, Jesus too will help us when we are carrying heavy burdens on our shoulders.

On the second day, during one of the sessions, God suddenly reminded me... He asked, "If I really love Jesus, will I be feeding His sheeps? If I really love Him, will I be taking care of His sheeps?" And then I began to ask myself, what does "sheeps" in this context mean... and it dawns on me that "sheeps" refers to our unsaved friends in our community (eg. workplaces, schools etc). If we really love Jesus, we would do all means to save the unsaved... ie our friends out there in our community. And then it reminded me of the book Alvin bought for my cell... its called "out of the saltshaker". It's a book on evangelism and it is by no coincidental that what God spoke to me in Muar goes in the same direction as what my cell has been discussing on which week and that... ITS TIME TO REACH OUT.

Psalm 23 vesus 4 says "Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me." and yes... our God does not break His promises and indeed, He is with us when we are busy reaching our to our friends.

This year is a year of victory... Thus dear livingstoners we must claim this victory and believe that our friends will all be saved. Amen! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home